Thursday 2 February 2012

Working Girl Adventure

In my quest to become financially independent as quick as possible I took on two jobs, and couple part-time ones too, ignoring all nay sayers. So began the 7 day working girl adventure.

And what an adventure it has been. Unfortunately due to scheduling difficulties it is to soon end. It did however give me time to learn some valuable lessons and most importantly to realise just how important my recovery is to me.

Just as I was beginning to miss the fashion world (the only contact I have had has been working backstage at fashion shows), opportunities have come knocking. The corporate world is a daunting one if nothing else, but my heart yearns for some creativity. Some really rad friends of mine are planning on starting a lable and have asked me to sew some samples for them. Who would have thunk it? Me behind a sewing machine again. But a lot has changed over the year that I have spent away from my machine. No longer do I want to kill two birds with one stone and throw my machine at a taxi. Instead, I can't wait to start getting back behind the pedal and creating some fantastical pieces.

Now all that's left is to venture towards my home town, Paarl, and pick up my machine. Something that scares me since my relationship with my mother is rather volatile and I never know what vale I will find over the house that I once called home.

7 and a half months and loving recovery, but have to keep reminding myself I am powerless over others and that it's about time to get back on my stepwork. Been procrastinating for a while now, time to get cracking. If this is what recovery holds without stepwork for a couple months, then I can't wait to see what it has in store for me once I stop procrastinating on step 3.

Over and out.

Mich










2 comments:

  1. I feel the pain of being a 7 day working woman!! When I'm not in school, work consumesss meee! We gotta have some free time for ourselves to enjoy the things we love :)

    xo Rachel

    glamhampton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean Rachel!...def need to make time for the things we love. Moderation is key.:) xo

    ReplyDelete