Monday 21 October 2013

A Beautiful Conundrum



Life. It’s a beautiful and at times exasperating cycle that continues to ever evolve and back track until we have hit our stubborn heads against the metaphorical wall enough times to grow from the lessons that have been set out for us. 

Many a late night has been spent pondering these cycles, trying fervently to unravel them piece- by -piece. I want to understand the world, the psyche and everything in between. I am forever curious and like many, seek answers; solutions to the many conundrums life has presented me at various stages of my life.

However, one thing remains constant. A constant fear that lurks in the pit of my stomach. I feel a bit like what I imagine the crocs feel like when they swallow a stone (gastrolith) to aid digestion. Heavy. It is a question & a feeling that rings true to many. The fear that I have not, nor ever will have done everything I want to in my life. None of which defines me, but all of which makes up pieces of me.

Currently I reside in my comfort zone, but I once again have itchy feet. I seek new adventures, the wind in my hair, the ocean stretched out in all its grace & glory, new tastes, new sounds and more importantly more chances to grow. New challenges, new conundrums. They are in abundance, they surround me & set me free while suffocating me at the same time. As scary as these new adventures I seek are, as daunting as the probability of landing squarely where I am now, simply in a foreign country (for we carry ourselves with ourselves) I know that my next step is to venture once again beyond these walls of comfort. 

There are times like these that when they stand before us, we know what is written in our heart of hearts. We fear it. We want to ignore the reality. The question is, do we allow the fear of the unknown to cripple us or allow it to be the wind beneath our wings? So we may soar to heights previously unknown or unimaginable to us. This is the question that burns a whole in my head and my heart on so many occasions and forces me once again to take personal inventory. 

The time is now, time to get the fuck out of my comfort zone. I have already been here for too long this time round. And so the cycle continues. Life and her many questions and my quest to unravel at least a part of it. My truth. For after all, we live in a world created by our own perceptions and timing is everything.

Over & Out.

Mich

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment