Friday 23 March 2012

Enjoying the small things in life

A wonderful reader of my blog Rachel, reminded me about moderation and how the little things in life are so important to my sanity.

As the weekend draws near, so does Friday afternoons dreaded traffic..dum dum dum (I'm feeling a lil dramatic today, but in a good way).

So here are my tips for getting through the traffic with your sanity intact:

1. Breath
2. Put some good music on (you could even make an epic travelling cd filled with all your favourites)
3. Remember that the maniacs on the road who are trying to lane jump in traffic are there to remind   
    us that we need to be vigilant when on the roads..things happen when we forget that and if any
    destination is reached sooner it will be whatever lies ahead for us in the afterlife.
4. Pedestrians will cross roads, and generally at a leisurely pace, might as well let them pass you,  
    pump the music louder and chill - promise you it ends up far more serene this way.
5. Bikes will come flying by, so either change lanes carefully or chill. You will get to your destination
    at pretty much the same time as you would have had you 'just got round the slow-poke', there is  
    traffic, chill (statistics have proven this).
6. Might as well enjoy the scenery that is the beautiful city we live in...
    my favourite moments while driving have come from breathing, jamming in my car and taking in 
    just how the light is streaming across and making what would be a beautiful photograph had my
    eyes been camera lenses and could capture it in more than just my memory bank.

Have a fantastic weekend guys!

Over & out.
Mich







No comments:

Post a Comment