Thursday 13 March 2014

Highs & Lows

Whirlwinds

This past weekend was one for the books. From Ramfest on Friday to the wedding of one of my best friends on Saturday - a wedding that rivals anything any Hollywood writer could scribe. It truly was what little girls dreams are made of.

Witnessing love in its rawest form


I have attended a few weddings, but this one takes particular preference after witnessing love like no other. This is love in its rawest form, a love that I got to witness in all its shining glory. A first dance that made my heart sing with joy at witnessing one my bests marrying her best friend, her protector and he his best friend and pillar of strength. Words do it no justice describing your first dance, Jez & James, your souls on fire joining as one for eternity. It really is a love story for the ages.

Traffic and Directions


Troubles before like traffic making me late for both and my directional challenges throwing a spanner in the works leaving me feeling beyond guilty to the point of re-thinking life and what it means to me and how much gratitude I have for my best of friends, I eventually made it to both and even got a Hollywood walking down the stairs kind of moment thrown in for good measure too. I wish I could have a video to remember this weekend for eternity. There is a video of part of it, and you guessed it, I found a way to throw in a cringe and die type moment. Typical. It really was a reminder of all the great people I have in my life and how those that I have lost are missed, but never forgotten. It had me wishing I could do things a lil’ differently in some moments, but as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and the past few months have been proof of this if anything. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and able to grow into a better version of our yesterdays.

A lil' moshing in the right direction


At Ramfest I got to re-live a lil’ of my youth moshing to Killswitch Engage with one of my best friends in the entire world! Although I left bruised and struggled to find him originally (due to lack of signal at the venue), I of course found him on my way and was able to enjoy a night to remember. It’s funny how life has a way of working out just as it should have. My soul feels fed after this weekend. Re-newed spirit to continue on my path of personal growth while being ever mindful of how terrible I am at keeping in contact (signal or no signal) and how I do not tell those that mean the world to me often enough just how grateful I am to have them in my life. I am blessed beyond words.

Un-quiet mind


Now if the voices in my head would just shut up and my bipolar meds would start working again that would be a real sweet deal. Time to find a new pshyc and sort that out, again. The forever evolving noise that is my neurons not making the right connections is a little haywire at the moment. He’s out for blood, but I will not give in. For this is my silent battle while living the life I dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment