Friday 25 October 2013

Ready, set, achieve your Dreams.

Ready, set, achieve your Dreams.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

First step: Setting Goals

A prime example being my week that just passed. I set goals & almost all were achieved (one was partially, but I cannot in good faith count it, the perfectionist in me will not allow for it). Thriving under pressure, a short time span was set. Momentum is now needed to keep this progress going, but as I mentioned in my last post, you always know in your heart of hearts where the truth lies.And I got this.

This got me thinking. What are the ways in which are best to set goals for yourself and to achieve them and as such I came up with this.

How to achieve your dreams:
  1.  Know yourself: Set goals, but personalize them so as to circumvent the bad habits that might cut you off at the knees (we all have them, just got to work with them).
  2. Deadline: Make sure that your deadline is of importance or will motivate you, e.g. A holiday away
  3. Baby Steps: Pace yourself in order to keep up momentum.  
  4. Tell someone: This creates a sense of responsibility and will make it harder to drop the ball. (Maybe even grab a group of friends together and set goals and motivate it each other to achieve them)
  5. Persistence: If you don't get it right the 1st time, try, try, again.
Rinse & repeat. 

Fear:
 
Now some of you that have read this may say, well, I don't know where to start. You, good sir/madam are lying. There is a dream inside of all of us (yes, I just quoted Mr Schuester in Glee). It may be daunting and scary or perhaps perceived to be unattainable. Or perhaps your parents/one of them are like mine: fear holds a tight grip, so tight they cannot nor do they want to, see passed their comfort zone & they keep telling you why it won't work. If you're anything like me though, you're an adventurer (albeit sometimes that fear grips you too). Push on. Climb those mountains. They are set for us to climb and it would be a waste if we didn't at least try.

Over & Out.

Mich



No comments:

Post a Comment