Sunday 30 September 2012

You mean I am a mistake?

This morning I opened up Facebook only to have my eyes assaulted by some religious banter. Now don't get me wrong, religion is a topic of conversation I rarely get into because of the fact that I believe that everyone is welcome to their points of view, it's our human right after all to have the freedom to say what we think and to believe in whatever we like. However, when I (in the broader sense of the term) am told that because I do not believe in G-d (call him by which ever name you please) and rather in evolution that I am a mistake and therefore have no purpose, I'm going to open my big fat trap (as my mom so lovingly calls it) and speak up.

Now bare with me, this is only my opinion, but I prefer to live life based on facts and formulate my opinions based on those facts. Are you telling me because I choose to not believe in a Higher Power within your perimeters that I am a mistake? Who are you to make that call? Would your all loving G-d approve of such comments?

Your religious views are yours to have, and I respect you for them. However, my opinions although very different from yours, hold as much value.

Over and Out.

Mich

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment